- These companies have figured out what it takes to provide superior work environments that keep professional truck drivers and employees happy.
Alexandria, Virginia and Markham, Ontario – January 31, 2017 – The Truckload Carriers Association (TCA) and CarriersEdge are pleased to announce the 2017 Best Fleets to Drive For. These 20 for-hire trucking companies from across North America are being recognized for providing exemplary work environments for their professional truck drivers and employees.
“These companies represent the best of the best in truckload. As industry innovators, they bring fresh ideas that not only create a desirable workplace for employees, but also propel trucking to exciting new terrains,” said TCA President John Lyboldt.
To be considered for the Best Fleets program, companies operating ten or more trucks were required to receive a nomination from at least one of its company drivers or owner-operators. CarriersEdge then interviewed human resources representatives and executives of the nominated fleets regarding their corporate direction, policies, and programs, and evaluated the fleets against a scoring matrix covering a variety of categories, such as total compensation package, health benefits, pension plans, professional development opportunities, and career path/advancement opportunities, among other criteria.
Driver feedback from a selection of each fleet was then compared with management’s and incorporated into the final score, resulting in the selection of this year’s winners and honorable mentions. Fleets raised the bar for driver programs more dramatically this year than any previous year.
Without further ado, here are the 2017 Top 20 Best Fleets to Drive For:
- Bison Transport, Winnipeg, MB
- Boyle Transportation, Billerica, MA
- Central Oregon Trucking Company, Inc, Redmond, OR
- Challenger Motor Freight Inc., Cambridge, ON
- Fremont Contract Carriers, Inc., Fremont, NE
- FTC Transportation, Inc., Oklahoma City, OK
- Garner Trucking, Inc., Findlay, OH
- Grand Island Express, Inc., Grand Island, NE
- Halvor Lines, Inc., Superior, WI
- Interstate Distributor Co., Tacoma, WA
- Kriska Holdings Ltd., Prescott, ON
- Landstar System, Inc., Jacksonville, FL
- Maverick Transportation, LLC, North Little Rock, AR
- Motor Carrier Service, LLC, Northwood, OH
- Nussbaum Transportation, Hudson, IL
- ONE For Freight, Milton, ON
- Prime Inc., Springfield, MO
- Smokey Point Distributing, Arlington, WA
- TLD Logistics Services, Inc., Knoxville, TN
- TransPro Freight Systems Ltd., Milton, ON
Two companies, FTC Transportation, Inc., and Halvor Lines, Inc., have achieved the milestone of five consecutive years on the Best Fleets list, while Motor Carrier Services, LLC, Fremont Contract Carriers, Inc., Landstar System, Inc., and Grand Island Express, Inc. have continued their streaks as Best Fleets, each appearing on the list for over the fifth time. Five companies have also been identified as “Fleets to Watch” honorable mentions for demonstrating innovation in their driver programs:
- Crete Carrier Corp.
- Hirschbach Motor Lines, Inc.
- Kroon Brothers Transport, LLC
- Paper Transport, Inc.
- Transport Corporation of America, Inc.
Phase two of the contest will divide the highest scoring fleets into small and large fleet categories, from which two overall winners will be selected. These awards will be sponsored by EpicVue of Salt Lake City, Utah, and Bose Ride of Framingham, Massachusetts.
The overall winners’ names will be announced during TCA’s Annual Convention, March 26-29, 2017, at the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center in Nashville, Tennessee.
For more details about Best Fleets to Drive For, visit www.BestFleetsToDriveFor.com.